Bluedot Public APIs expose the functionality of the web-based back-end system, Bluedot Point Access, as JSON web services.
Given the Public APIs are based entirely on JSON, a broad range of clients and integrations can be built to utilise these services.
Data added through the Public APIs can be reviewed and edited via the Bluedot Point Access web user-interface and vice versa.
To access the Public API, you first need your account's Customer API Key. To retrieve this:
If you are a direct Bluedot customer
- Login to your Point Access UI here.
- Open the Account Management section.
- Ensure you are on the Edit Profile tab.
- The Customer API Key is at the top of the form.
If you are a Salesforce Marketing Cloud customer
- Access the Bluedot Location Marketing application.
- Open the Developers section.
- The Customer API Key is in the fourth field on the right-hand column.
Bluedot API model objects
You will largely interact with the following API model objects when using the Public APIs:
Figure 1. Public API Object Model
Examples in various client languages have been provided in these user guides. You can contact the Bluedot team if you work with a language that is not covered and would like assistance or an example.
Figure 2. Public API Workflow